Current Job Postings
October 1, 2015
ON-call Quality Control Specialists, Burnac Produce
With roots in the produce industry dating back over 70 years and our state-of-the-art facilities, Burnac Produce Ltd. provides fruits and vegetables to large corporations, mid-sized companies and small independent business owners.
Today we are a multi-million dollar operation and one of the largest fresh produce wholesale in Canada.
At Burnac Produce, our employees are the essence of our business. We are committed to fostering that relationship with honesty, integrity and by providing:
- Fair and equitable treatment of all our employees
- Competitive wages and benefits
- A safe, positive and productive work environment
- The continuous flow of open, honest two-way communication.
- Training and re-certification as required to ensure employee success
- Internal career growth and development opportunities
We are currently hiring Quality Control Specialists, based out of our Zenway & Kelfield locations. This position is responsible for ensuring that incoming and outgoing products conform to quality parameters regulatory, HACCP and BRC food safety requirements. These are part time, on-call positions.
- Call for inspection as necessary and collect samples as needed (federal or surveyor)
- Comply with all QC operating protocols
- Ensure all product handling is in compliance with all quality control parameters, regulatory, HACCP and BRC food safety requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all incoming and outgoing product meets strict quality standards.
- Monitor quality of product in storage on a daily basis
- Identify quality or temperature problems in shipments
- Collaborate and consult with buyers and customers on a daily basis
- Provide timely and clear communication on all inspections
- Advise buyers of deteriorating quality in storage in a timely fashion
- Maintain constant communication and working relationships with warehouse employees
- Identify and communicate problems in a timely manner to minimize losses
- Well- developed communication skills, written/oral
- Post- secondary education in business
- Fresh Produce Quality Assurance certification
- 3 to 5 years minimum experience in the fresh produce business
- Basic computer skills
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes to email@example.com.
Please reference job title in the subject line.