Current Job Postings
Job Posting: President, The Ontario Produce Marketing Association
The Ontario Produce Marketing Association (OPMA) is seeking a visionary, member focused President to support the facilitation of trade and enhance the marketing and promotion of fresh fruits and vegetables in Ontario. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President is responsible for the effective leadership and oversight of the Association according to the strategic direction set by the Board.
The President is committed to building positive relationships with all stakeholders including current and potential members as well as government agencies. Demonstrated resourcefulness and innovation will drive the enhancement of the OPMA brand, attract funding and provide greater value to members.
Based in Toronto, Ontario, the OPMA’s 288 voting members include growers, packers, shippers, wholesalers, distributors, supply base companies and retailers of fruits & vegetables with 85% operating in the province of Ontario. The OPMA is involved in food safety; government & trade relations; marketing & promotion; networking; and, education & training.
- Supports the board in strategic planning and participates in the creation of an organizational vision ensuring that this vision is shared throughout the organization and has the commitment of all OPMA employees.
- Develops and implements a business plan based on the overall strategic direction, ensuring operational excellence and achievement of business objectives.
- Monitors financial performance and advises Board on the development of capital and operational budgets, ensuring alignment with the strategic priorities of OPMA. Ensures timely and accurate reporting of financial statements.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the Association and ensures the organization is structured for maximum revenue generation, expense control and increased profitability.
- Communicates with key stakeholders articulating OPMA’s value proposition while identifying the changing needs and conditions of the members that are served by the Association.
- Increases organization’s outreach and visibility through a defined communication strategy, which includes, social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter), website, print publications, television, radio and monthly newsletter.
- Nurtures relationships with government, regulatory bodies, media and partner associations nationally and internationally to support achievement of goals and objectives.
- Develop and execute programs and services to garner new member and sponsorship revenue. To engage with all sectors of our industry to identify the needs of members and initiate change as needed.
- Oversees and coordinates Association networking events such as the annual gala, golf tournament, bowling and curling. Responsible to create new event and sponsorship opportunities to increase engagement with membership, stakeholders and partners.
- Create a dynamic work environment in which OPMA staff are well positioned and engaged to deliver optimal organizational results through effective communication channels (staff meetings, individual coaching, open door policy) and a well-developed performance management system.
- Ensures policies, processes, standards and procedures are developed using best practices with an ethical perspective that will sustain a culture of trust and provide the highest level of employee and member satisfaction.
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience in a senior leadership role, preferably in the produce industry
- High level business acumen with experience managing the performance of a business against strategic, financial and operational targets
- Recognized as a well-respected, trusted leader with experience in strategic & business planning, marketing, operations and human resource management
- Highly skilled communicator with a proven ability to effectively build relationships with all partners internally and externally to the organization to grow membership base and increase sponsorship opportunities
- Knowledge and experience with compliance and regulatory legislation related to the produce industry
- Experienced facilitator with exceptional speaking and presentation skills, capable of professionally representing the Association and members at conferences and industry events
- Understanding of the value of technology as well as new and traditional media, as communication tools
- MBA or bachelor’s degree in related field or other professional designation or equivalent experience
- Evenings, weekends, and overtime hours to accommodate activities such as board meetings and representing the organization at public events, may be required. Additionally, some travel is necessary for this
OPMA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes interested applicants to submit their cover letter and résumé to email@example.com by July 30, 2018. We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. OPMA will provide reasonable accommodation in compliance with AODA when notified by a candidate that accommodation due to a disability is required for the interview process.